Double Deep Racking looks very similar to Selective Racking; however, pallets are stored two units deep instead of one deep.
A specialized Pantograph Reach Trucks (scissor fork extensions shown below) are typically used to store and retrieve pallets on the inner pallet position.
- Density – Fewer Aisles are required, providing as much as 33% more pallet positions than selective Racking, within the same square footage.
- Investment – Moderate increase in pallet racking system cost over selective systems
- Installation – easiest to install with lower tolerances
- Selectivity – Reduced by up to 50% when the front location is occupied, since the inner pallet cannot be accessed without first removing the front pallet.
- Inventory Rotation – This is a Last In, First Out (LIFO) storage system since the last pallet loaded occupies the front positions and must be removed before the rear pallet is available.
- Honeycombing – This is a situation that occurs with all racking systems that store pallets more than one position deep where a pallet position is empty but not useable without mixing SKU’s in the same lane. Mixing SKU’s in the same lane of a double deep system significantly increases the material handling time to retrieve the rear pallet. Leaving the pallet position open reduces the density of the system.
- Material Handling Equipment – Specialized Reach Trucks or Forklifts are required
- Visibility – The forklift operator has limited visibility when storing and retrieving the inner pallet, particularly at higher elevations.
- Trailers cannot be loaded or unloaded with reach trucks so a separate forklift or electric pallet jack is required.
Layout and Equipment Considerations
Floor Slab – The capacity and levelness of the slab are typically not an issue
Selective Racking can be designed
Best Suited For:
SKU’s with several pallets of inventory that are not highly perishable and do not require FIFO inventory rotation.
For More Information Contact Us :
PERKASA RACKING – PT. TANGGUH ADI PERKASA TAP
Office | Workshop :
JL. KH AGUS SALIM NO.53 A – Gang Manaco Kel. Bekasi Jaya – Kec. Bekasi Timur
Kota Bekasi – Jawa Barat
Phone. (021) 8835 6096 | Faks. (021) 8829 740
Marketing Call|WA : Pak Adi : 0822 1020 3909